Job Description Caring employees make the difference!! At American Senior Communities, we C.A.R.E! * C
ompassion * A
ttentiveness * R
elationships * E
These are the core values at American Senior Communities. They are our guiding principles to help each of us make the right choices. They not only frame our decisions, but they also guide our actions. These values provide the framework for all of our relationships with our customers, staff, family members, and community at large. Are you ready to make a difference?
We are currently accepting applications for the following position:Bus Driver
The Bus Driver hasa primary responsibility with ensuring the health, safety and welfare of the residents whiletransporting to and from activities outside the community.
We offer attractive compensation and an excellent benefitspackage including:
- Safely transports residents to and from outings, medical and/or other various appointments outside of the facility in a timely manner so appointments are kept, while ensuring safety of residents transported.
- Communicates with facility via radio/cellular phone to ensure residents are dropped off and picked up accurately.
- Ensures the bus always has sufficient fuel.
- Reports immediately any accident and/or incident(s) involving the bus.
- Assists in maintaining bus in safe working condition, performing minor repairs as needed and reporting needed repairs to Activities Director. Maintains the bus in a neat and orderly manner.
- Assists residents onto and off of bus, utilizing ramps, wheelchair tie-downs, and other equipment safely. Reports immediately any accident/injury a resident and/or employee may experience during the course of transportation.
- Assists in transportation training of other staff or volunteers.
- Assists Activities Director as needed, conducting activities and completing paperwork.
- Maintains community involvement.
- Assists with various community activities as needed.
Group medical/dental/ vision/life insurance 401(k) Retirement Plan Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays Disability Insurance Tuition Assistance Room forAdvancementYear End BonusVerizon andSprint Cell Phone DiscountO2ne Program –Paid LPN and RN TrainingReferral Bonusesup to $1000YMCA DiscountsAND NOW OFFERING…25% off tuition at any HarrisonCollege Location!
DemonstratesC.A.R.E. values to our residents, family members, customers and staff.
High schooldiploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months experiencetransporting persons and/or training; or equivalent combination of educationand experience.
Valid CDL License for those Bus Drivers driving a bus thatcarries 15 or more passengers, excluding the driver.
Good-standing and current Operator’s License
CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.
Must be able to work part time hours with a flexible schedule.
About this company
At a time when home and health services are seen as fragmented and, consequently, frustrating, where can today’s senior adults find a housing community to call home? That was our challenge, and the reason we created American Senior Communities. We’ve created senior living communities specifically designed to serve today’s seniors by providing a multitude of lifestyle choices with integrated services and amenities.
Each American Senior Community is part of the neighborhood in which it exists. Our leaders and staff live in surrounding areas and know the community well. We value the same things in life that you do. The foundation of our senior living communities is based on the knowledge that we’ll be part of your neighborhood for many, many years.
When someone chooses to live in one of our retirement communities or health care facilities, we become an extension of their family. We take the time to get to know each of our residents and their families on a personal level. Our communities are made up of individuals, and with that in mind, we focus on serving individual need