VULCRAFT-INDIANA IS SEEKING QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THE POSITION OF DESIGN ENGINEER
BASIC FUNCTIONS: The design engineer’s role is to ensure the quality and integrity of the design of Vulcraft open-web steel joists and steel deck products. They are responsible for safely and efficiently designing open-web steel joists and steel deck products in accordance with industry standards, codes and sound engineering principals and judgment. They must be able to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers, as well as outside design professionals in order to deliver a first class customer experience.
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- EIT License or ability to obtain one within one year of employment
- Willingness to work more than 40 hours per week
- Emphasis in Structural Design with at least one steel design class
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, time sensitive work environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
To apply for this position go to HTTP://CAREERS.NUCOR.COM and go to Indiana for the posting. A one page resume must be uploaded and the questionnaire completed.
Nucor/Vulcraft is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet and Drug Free Workplace