Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Rolling Meadows, IL (Illinois); Work from Home
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
As the Director, Account Management in Retirement Plan Services in the Intermediary Market segment, you will provide leadership and direction to a team of Account Managers to ensure group results for assigned area(s) of responsibility. You will direct the development, maintenance and execution of complex and robust client relationship management programs/plans which ensure that the clients’ overall service needs are satisfied and achieve the business, retention and profitability objectives.
If not located in Fort Wayne, IN, travel to Fort Waynewill be required, 2 weeks/month.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the department
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects
- May participate in industry and/or trade organizations to obtain competitor information, industry trends and/or best practices
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent
- Directs and evaluates individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards
- Establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure group results for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and provides leadership to continually improve the capability and results for assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained
- Builds organizational capability within assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Directs a group & the complex relationship management activities including: developing, maintaining, & executing complex & robust client relationship management programs/plans which ensure that the clients’ overall service needs are satisfied & achieve the business, retention & profitability objectives
- Serves as a subject matter expert and advises management and internal/external stakeholders on complex relationship management solutions which optimize client retention and satisfaction and achieve desired business results while reducing risks
- Directs and oversees the management of relationships with existing clients by developing, executing and ensuring proactive, creative, and ongoing client contact initiatives
- Develops and manages the budget for assigned area(s)
- Builds relationships, enhances and maintains relationships with key contacts at internal/external clients and/or sales teams to ensure clients’ overall service needs are satisfied
- Collaborates and recommends to management the organizational design, which ensures optimal clients’ retention, satisfaction and achieves desired business results while reducing risks
- Reviews and analyzes relationship metrics/dashboards to determine effectiveness of relationship management activities
- 4 Year/Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- 7+ Years’ experience in relationship management that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience
- Proven working knowledge of defined contribution plans, industry designations preferred
- Previous experience in TPA and advisor based markets strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding
- Ability to analyze complex information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Evaluate trends in data or information
- Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solution
- Works with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.