Airgas USA, LLC is hiring an Account Representative based in Fort Wayne, IN!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation’s leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. GENERAL SUMMARY:The Account Representative (AR) is responsible for generating sales growth in a territory made up of small to midsize accounts. While focusing on learning the key fundamentals of an Account Manager, the Account Representative is expected to maintain and grow wallet share within existing accounts, increase our customer base by calling on key accounts to penetrate the market and by partnering with retail stores. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes Airgas’ sales directives and guidelines in order to service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and strengthening Airgas’s customer relationships by traveling throughout assigned territory to meet with customers as well as maintaining customer contact via phone.
- Prepares sales proposal by quoting pricing, credit terms, estimated date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of Airgas’s production/delivery schedules and software program.
- Monitors competition by gathering current relevant marketplace information including information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Assists in resolving customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing memos/reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Develops in the key areas of sales, customer service, welding/gas product application, and problem solving. Learns to adjust content of sales presentations: by studying the type of product and volume used by customers/prospects depending on industry or trade factor, by displaying or demonstrating product using catalogue or samples and emphasizing sellable features, or by explaining types of gases and uses to customers.
- Maintains and submits sales reports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required by District Manager (DM).
- May perform counter sales in a back-up capacity.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Related Field is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 months of prior outside sales/service experience.
- Familiarity with industrial and specialty gases, industrial gas / welding supply sales a plus.
- Working knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Computer literate (i.e. Windows, Word, Excel, email) and ability to acclimate to PC based order entry system and wireless, hand held scanning device.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational, analytical and planning skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Reliable transportation, current driver’s license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
- Frequent local travel (75% of work time).
- Minimal overnight travel.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
- Job requires visitation of customer sites, which have varying environments/conditions, layouts, and accessibility.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas. Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...! EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Primary Location:United States-Indiana-Fort Wayne-46803-3020
Job Posting:Jul 21, 2017, 9:28:24 AM