- Supports the design, development, testing, assessment, and continuous improvement of machinery, equipment, tooling, production processes and operating parameters for optimal product quality, scrap reduction, cost-efficiency, etc.
- Collects and analyzes data from trials, tests and actual production.
- Promotes use of structured problem-solving tools, such as failure mode and effects analyses (FMEA), design of experiments (DOE), and root cause analysis (RCAR)
- Evaluates new product specifications, customer requirements, and results of production trials/tests and supports Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) & Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) to help ensure effective/timely launch of new products
- Anticipates future engineering/production issues and leads ongoing investigation of industry ‘best practices’ that might be useful to help resolve these issues
- At least five (5) years of progressive and related manufacturing/process engineering experience is required in at least one of two areas for a high-volume production application: a) Basic metallurgy and low-pressure/permanent mold aluminum die casting (or related field) with working knowledge of typical casting defects and ‘appearance’ standards; OR b) CNC lathe and mill operations for machining of cast aluminum products with working knowledge of CNC programming.
- Experience should also include FMEA, APQP, PPAP, SPC, RCAR, 5 Whys’, DOE's, and computer knowledge/skills (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.)
- Related Associate degree, or equivalent, is required; Bachelor degree is preferred.
AAP was founded in 1988, on the principle that quality must be inherent in every aspect of the operation to guarantee the production of the finest automotive wheels. From the initial design concept to final delivery of products, we have set standards for exceptional quality.
As a company, AAP has flexibility, which allows fast turnaround on special orders and focused attention to our customers' needs. This adaptability, along with the experience of our parent company, Hitachi Metals, Ltd., in the worldwide automotive wheel market, makes AAP a unique supplier. Our facility, located in St. Marys, OH, is equipped with the most sophisticated design and production equipment.
Since 1988, our growth has resulted in six expansions and a production capacity of over 3 million wheels per year. Aside from our growth, we are proud of maintaining steady work for our employees throughout our 30-year history.
Location/Region: Latty, OH (US)