The selected candidate will be responsible for successful design, implementation, launch and continuous improvement for all assigned manufacturing equipment and processes that produce the company’s product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manufacturing Engineer shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks;
- Implement production process with continuous improvement.
- Create documentation for production support and data collection.
- Create and update process control plans and PFMEA’s.
- Develop training programs for production team leaders, technicians and operators.
- Select vendors for equipment and production materials.
- Develop and issue criteria to vendors for items supplied.
- Determine stock items and quantities for equipments spare parts and production materials.
- Define preventative maintenance items and schedules for equipment.
- Initiate work orders for equipment problems.
- Maintain plant layout in AutoCAD.
- Responsible for environmental, health and safety issues in the manufacturing area.
- Participate in the planning of personnel safety and protection activities consistent with OSHA/IOSHA and regulatory agency standards and guidelines and ensure all reporting associates are trained and comply.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal laws and statues and other governmental regulations which are directly applicable to the company.
- Establish area goals to support production and strategic initiatives.
- Develop, document and provide for continuous improvement in manufacturing processes, production and quality.
- Develop or revise standard operational and working practices and observe associates to ensure compliance with standards.
- Coordinate safety efforts with the Safety Administrator.
- Keep abreast of materials related to the companies needs, through trade publications, papers, seminars and classes
- Support TS16949 Initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field from a credited college, university or technical school. 3 – 5 years related experience and/or training in engineering or manufacturing.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be able to work in both individual and team environments.
- Must be self motivated and goal driven…proactive and works for results.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Must have a positive attitude and hard work ethic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical to standard office and manufacturing floor settings with moderate noise levels and high level of activity. The work will mostly be in a manufacturing environment with occasional work in a climate-controlled environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, and fumes. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This Job Description Does Not Constitute A Contract For Employment
An Equal Opportunity Employer.