Seeking Installers & Tradesmen looking for an opportunity to advance your career and brighten your future, consider a move into the technology sector.
Jobs in the IT Data Networking marketplace are high paying with unlimited potential for personal growth. The key to entering this field of work is access and funding for training, education, and certification.
We will pay you to learn a trade that enables you to understand networking, communications, technology, and the cabling that supports them which will open the door for job advancement.
If your ambitious, smart, hardworking, quick to learn, reliable, trustworthy, mechanically centered and ready to work in a job with a future then let’s talk.
You may be qualified for one of these positions if you currently work or have experience in any construction based trade, possess experience with voice & data networks, know structured cabling and low voltage systems, or have an aptitude for building and fixing electrical and mechanical equipment.
This is an opportunity to enter the technology / networking field if you are an electrician, mechanical, HVAC, carpenter, and general construction trade laborer looking for a career change that provides opportunity to learn a unique set of skillsets, knowledge, and job growth in a technology driven yet construction centric segment of the market we may have an opportunity for you.
Responsibilities will include installing low voltage wiring CAT5e/CAT6/CAT6a/Coax/Fiber cable in commercial business offices, healthcare, manufacturing, industrial, and warehouse facilities. Installation work includes cable routing, terminating jacks/patch panels, pathway support structures (such as cable tray, racks, and j-hooks), installation of AP’s/IP cameras and completing MAC/services calls.
Installer I – Capabilities definition by BICSI
- Experience with voice & data cabling.
- Have an aptitude for good mechanical, fix, repair, remodel, build, and logical, hardworking skillsets.
- Work experience in any construction-based trade (HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing).
- Good mechanical skills and experience with the use of construction job site tools and equipment.
- IT / Telephony knowledge, formal electronics and/or voice data wire/cable installation training.
- BICSI training and/or similar experience is valued.
- Successfully terminate various types of copper connectors.
- Properly explain the importance of safety and professionalism toward optimal job performance.
- Discuss pathways, spaces, bonding and grounding and firestopping.
- Make decisions based on applicable codes, standards, and best practices.
- Choose the correct tool or methodology for specific tasks.
Installer II – Capabilities definition by BICSI
- Successfully interpret drawings, plans, and specifications.
- Properly test and troubleshoot copper installations.
- Discuss media selection and implications for implementation on the network.
- Make recommendations based on applicable codes, standards, and best practices.
- Interpret the job plan and scope of work, as well as perform retrofits and upgrades for existing infrastructure.
Compensation: Based on skill level, applicable certifications, experience and professionalism
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location – Augusta, GA
Job Type – Installation – Maint – Repair, Skilled Labor – Trades, Telecommunications, Low Voltage
Education – HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience – None Required, 3 to 5 years minimum experience desired
Manages Others – Yes
Industry – Electrical, Networking, Telecommunications, Low Voltage, Structured Cabling
Travel – There will be travel associated with this position
Qualified applicants must have:
Ability to lift over 75 pounds independently
Ability to work without direct supervision
Good communication skills
Ambitious, self-motivated, and the ability to learn quickly
Ability to use a Computer and mainstream software applications
Valid Driver’s License
Excellent communication skills in all forms
The ability to provide superior customer service
Have a professional look