Automation Technician / Controls Technician
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Controls Technician / Automation Technician is responsible for the programming and maintenance of new and existing robot and automated PLC process equipment. Will also assist in maintaining, installing and repairing equipment.
· Observes Safety rules consistent with company policy and OSHA requirements.
· Schedules and assists in the preventative maintenance of equipment.
· Perform Preventative Maintenance on PLC Systems.
· Program or Perform repairs on PLC Systems.
· Perform breakdown analysis.
· Troubleshoots problems to determine most effective solutions.
· Dismantles or partially dismantles furnaces, conveyors, cutting tools and other machinery gaining access to defective part using appropriate hand tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers and pliers.
· Repairs parts obtaining replacements from appropriate source and reassembles machinery.
· Works from prints, schematics, diagrams, instruction sheets, manuals and oral instructions.
· Makes minor repairs to motors, wires, blown fuses, etc.
· Handles routine checks and inspection of plant electrical equipment as well as running conduit sizing wire and circuits.
· Completes all required reports and forms according to plant policy and departmental procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of the NEC and NFPA 70E codes required.
· Advanced expertise in Allen Bradley PLC platforms, PanelView, Wonderware, various motion controls systems, AC/DC and VFD drives required.
· Ability to read all types of blueprints and schematics required.
· Ability to troubleshoot electrical, 110v single phase through 480v 3 phase.
· Experience with basic electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays).
· Experience with PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer control systems, etc.).
· Experience with product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs).
· Experience with schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with switches, starters, maps, relays).
· Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, etc.).
· Thorough understanding of AC & DC motors, motor starters, solenoids, pressure switches, proximity switches, limit switches, etc.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
1st Resource Recruiting is dedicated to developing ongoing partnerships with our clients to find the best talent available, while assisting candidates to find the best organization to help them in meeting their career goals. In 25 years of sales and recruiting, we have worked with a variety of companies in the Medical, Manufacturing, Sales and Service industries helping to find the right fit between prospect and employer.
We look forward to helping you find the best candidate for an open position inside your company or assisting you as a candidate in finding the right career opportunity!