Looking for a rewarding work environment with great benefits, where you will impact the lives of others (as well as yourself)?
Position: Family Support Services Worker III (Bilingual Preferred)
Location: Kosciusko/Whitley County
Starting Salary Range: $13.50 to $14.25
The Family Support Services Worker (FSSWIII) is responsible for client intake and eligibility determination for all Brightpoint programs and financial assistance. The main responsibility is to promote a positive, friendly work environment for co-workers, clients, vendors, and the general public. The FSWIII provides referral, outreach, and advocacy services for families with other human service organization, utility companies, childcare providers and other private and public entities.
The FSSWIII’s work involves client contact in a social work capacity, responsibility for a county office, and has authority within their assigned area. Represents Brightpoint at local interagency and other county events.
- Responsible for determining eligibility and enrolling families into Brightpoint programs ensuring compliance with program operations, regulations, and standards, this includes, but is not limited to Energy Assistance, Child Care Development Fund, Hoosier Healthwise (HHW), Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP), Presumptive Eligibility (PE) and Marketplace applications.
- Maintain a minimum standard of quality established by the program regulations and within Brightpoint’s established guidelines.
- Maintain participant files.
- Collaborate with other Brightpoint departments, programs, and services to ensure maximum benefit to families.
- Maintain confidentiality of all program and participant information.
- Represent Brightpoint at county inter-agency meetings and other county events.
- Implement Brightpoint Values at all times.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or Associates degree with 1 to 2 years of work experience in at least one of the following (or related) areas: consumer relations, business, administration, healthcare, employment/job training, or other social services.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with strong mathematics aptitude.
- Ability to quickly develop a thorough understanding of basic community action concepts and the numerous regulations governing the Energy Assistance, Child Care Development Fund and Covering Kids & Families programs.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; self-motivated, attentive to detail, organized, productive, flexible, and dependable.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to relate well with diverse personalities from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- High comfort level with public interaction.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to attend training, cover satellite offices, and other assignments as assigned by program management.
- When driving for Brightpoint, the employee must have a valid Indiana driver’s license and must maintain minimum auto insurance liability limits of $100,000/$300,000.
DATES FOR INTERNAL POSTING: From January, 2019 to until filled
TENTATIVE DATES FOR EXTERNAL POSTING: From January, 2019 to until filled
APPROXIMATE DATE FOR POSITION TO BEGIN: ________________________________________________________________________________________________
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT, HUMAN RESOURCES EXT. 206 or 213
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED – 227 E. Washington Blvd, FORT WAYNE, IN 46802
8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M., MONDAY – THURSDAY AND 8:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M., FRIDAY
We, Brightpoint conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without any regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location/Region: Wabash, IN (US)