We are looking for an exceptional Assistant Property Manager to join our team at our 200-unit Cambridge Square apartment community in Ft. Wayne!
Responsible for assisting the Property Manager with ensuring the community generates a satisfactory cash flow, the property is maintained in accordance with Company standards and assures customer satisfaction. Manage the property in the absence of the Property Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promptly answer telephone and e-mail inquiries with the goal of obtaining an appointment to show the community to the prospective resident.
- Greet prospective residents, demonstrate the features and benefits of the interior of the apartment homes and amenities, explain terms of occupancy, and provide information about local areas.
- Close the sale with prospective resident and obtain a holding deposit and application for an apartment or waiting list.
- Promptly follow up with prospective residents whom have not yet leased to continue the sales process and secure the sale.
- Determine and certify the eligibility of prospective residents, following government regulations and Company procedures.
- Assist Property Manager with all marketing and sales activities including advertising promotions marketing surveys of competitors’ activities.
- Pursue and collect rent payments and accurately record remittance.
- Investigate complaints, disturbances and violations and resolve problems following management rules and regulations.
- Prepare, submit and maintain accurate records, reports and documents.
- Ensure confidentiality of all data in the resident files (i.e. income, credit reports, assets, etc.).
- Provide information and reports in coordination with other departments as needed.
- Conduct all activities in accordance with HUD regulations and Fair Housing requirements.
- Process move in and move out documents.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Property Management experience preferred.
- Section 8 experience required.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License in the state of residence.
- Able to work a varied schedule including weekends.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to read and comprehend the English language.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne