A fast-growing custom manufacturing company is looking for a Materials Buyer to join their team. In this position you will be responsible for purchasing all raw materials and consumables for the manufacturing facility. You will work closely with the Job planners and production managers to ensure that each order has the materials required for completion. You should possess a strong ability to organize your purchasing efforts to reduce cost and maintain adequate inventories.
· Conduct planning meeting with production to determine raw material and consumable needs for manufacturing.
· Meet with vendors to obtain quotations, negotiate pricing and confirm delivery dates.
· Locate new or alternative vendors to keep abreast of market trends and material changes and availability.
· Maintain pricing and monitor material cost fluctuations for management.
· Monitor discount and rebate programs to meet purchasing goals.
· Maintain inventories, ensuring proper inventory turns and stocking levels for production.
· Perform other duties as required by management.
· 3 years of experience purchasing and maintaining inventories.
· Knowledge of steel fabrication terminology and materials.
· Knowledge of inventory control and warehousing principles.
· Strong communication and negotiating skills.
· An understanding of contract and purchasing terms.