Collection Specialist II
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a Collection Specialist II for the American Red Cross!
From transporting and setting up blood collection equipment at work sites, to drawing blood from donors, to charging blood drives as a Collection Specialist II with the American Red Cross you will work all aspects of blood drives at schools, offices & churches throughout Ft. Wayne, IN and the surrounding areas. Our paid training is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice..
To learn more about this role, watch this short video: A life-saving mission. A life-changing career. Join us. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cldo1m5z-Ds
Collection Specialist II - Responsibilities
- Balance production, donor care & quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
- Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you're there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Phlebotomist-Driver describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
Goshen Schedule: Days off will be Friday and Saturday
Why the American Red Cross?
We offer employee growth and development, an incomparable team spirit and a comprehensive benefits package inclusive of health and 401K.
- RN/LPN or equivalent experience is required, with current state licensure as required.
- Minimum one year experience or documented satisfactory performance as a Collections Technician II or Specialist I is required.
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication and public relations skills are required. Previous leadership experience is preferred.
- A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required. Previous truck and/or bus driving experience is desirable.
- Collections Staff that is hired with DOT driving responsibilities will be required to pass DOT physical and related requirements and be able to posses or obtain a medical certification of at least one year duration.
- Basic computer skills desirable. Applicable local licensure if required by state directives.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., occasionally physically assisting donors experiencing an adverse reaction, as well as pushing or pulling heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs (potentially up to 250 lbs in weight and with up to 75 degree angles). Physical requirements may be performed in adverse weather conditions.
- All staff work as a team to setup and tear down the equipment required to conduct a mobile blood drive. This involves loading/unloading of vehicles, pushing carts up to 250 lbs, setting up beds and handling many totes containing equipment and snacks for the donors.
- Flexibility to work long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.