The Design Detailer produce drawings for construction of exhibit properties & installation drawings, which include both trade show packages (Floor Plans, Electrical Plans, Rigging Plans, etc.) and set-up drawings. This position works under the direction of Project Managers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Produce construction-drawing packages for the production department staff in accordance with the Detailing Department Standards.
2. Produce trade show packages for project directors, project managers and installers in accordance with the Detailing Department Standards.
3. Produce CNC layout drawing for CNC Department.
4. Execute drawing schedules laid out by the Senior 3D Design Detailer.
5. Produce graphic elevations for graphic production.
6. To learn & adhere to Group Delphi’s Detailing Department Standards.
7. Learn and apply Group Delphi Fabrication Standards.
8. Generate accurate 2D & 3D electronic files for fabrication, Set-up & Show Package purposes.
9. Learn new technologies and systems as required.
10. Inform supervisor and/or Project Manager of any impediments that impact project schedule.
11. Update the departmental job log to describe progress of current projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· 3D CAD program (Inventor preferred)
· Ability to organize all facets of detailing.
· Produce accurate well laid out drawings.
· Understanding of Group Delphi fabrication methods.
· Interface with design and production staff in a professional manner.
· Demonstrate proficiency in the department’s primary tool Inventor.
· Produce accurate well laid out drawings, and well maintained electronic files.
· Show understanding & utilization of Group Delphi fabrication methods.
· Demonstrate knowledge of Group Delphi’s file management system.
Education and Experience:
· College AS Degree: CAD or Drafting/Design.
· Three (3) years previous experience of detailing with Inventor and/or AutoCAD
· One (1) year of experience in an exhibit house, cabinet shop, or similar industry.
All of these elements, the amount of experience that an employee has, and the commitment to the success of the company as a whole, contribute to the wage level for that employee. Compensation based on skills and experience
Group Delphi is the award-winning experiential creation shop. We make thrilling, immersive experiences across events, exhibits, environments and retail -- we even do museums.
But what truly separates us from the rest, and what we have become known for, is the combination of our creative DNA, our wildly eclectic team, and a reputation for insanely great service. This means not just exceeding our customers' expectations but exceeding the expectations they didn't even know they should have. We are their ultimate advocates and true partners in marketing, personally responsible for their success in connecting with their customers. We are their eyes, ears, hands, feet, heart and soul. We are indispensable to them in their work. We take the same approach in working with each other.
This is driven by three principles: innovation, creativity and passion. As innovators we are relentless in the pursuit of disruptive ideas, providing solutions and services that our customers could not have imagined possible. We believe that creativity drives value, not just in design but also in all aspects of the business it's a way of thinking, a way of approaching projects that defies the status quo. Whether design, fabrication, production, logistics, management -- it is the driving force, providing the best results for the best value. And we are passionate -- that ultra-human motivation to excel in what we do and love doing it.
We are designers, producers, managers, artists and crafts people joined by a passion for creative solutions. We have that "show must go on," "can do" attitude that pushes the limits to get our clients the best results possible. We ask a lot of questions to uncover our customers' needs. We then figure out the best solutions through digital content, theater arts and design and deliver magical results through superhero-like production, execution, program management and insanely great service. We are makers of wonder, awe, and connection.