Our Phil's One Stop team is continuously growing !! We would LOVE to add your experiences and quality traits to help our TEAM grow!!
Our ideal Phil's One Stop Store Manager will be one who is energetic, ambitious and enthusiastic about their team, their store, and the sales within their store. Our Retail Store Managers lead by example, are honest and ethical, motivate, coach continuously and deliver operational excellence. Retail Store Managers must be accessible to their teams, create a positive and fun culture in their stores, and hold their teams accountable to high standards in the stores performance and customer service!
POSITION TITLE: Store Manager
REPORTS TO: Supervisor / General Manager
SUPERVISION OF: Assistant Manager and Sales Associates
The primary purpose of the Store Manager includes taking ownership of their assigned location, reaching sales goals, meeting training requirements, following loss prevention methods and all other policies and procedures that contribute to a successful store. At all times, the Store Manager is to uphold Phil’s One Stop’s Core Values and company policies.
This position will be responsible for all store operations. The Store Manager will supervise employees while working with them to achieve goals in sales, customer service, loss prevention, store appearance and suggestive selling. The Store Manager is to promote the policies and procedures of the company including our Core Values, keeping up store appearance, etc., by always leading by example. This position is also responsible for any and all duties of the Sales Associate Job Description.
- · Staff your location to meet company service and appearance standards
- Assist Human Resources with recruitment and selection of employees. Train, coach, develop and, if necessary, terminate employees.
- · Promote sales and marketing efforts.
- · Order inventory, report inventory levels to the office for ordering and assist DSD vendors in ordering product for retail sale.
- · Monitor inventory to ensure freshness, proper rotation and acceptable quality to provide customer satisfaction.
- · Ensure the location meets interior and exterior appearance expectations.
- · Report all maintenance to the appropriate department at the office for timely repair.
- · Complete daily paperwork required to report daily sales and inventory, balance receipts to sales, inventory information for ordering, loss prevention requirements, payroll requirements and banking information.
- · Follow and enforce all loss prevention policies.
- · Operate the location within the business hours set by the Owner.
- · Ability to work any shift.
- · Evaluate performance of employees. Provide guidance and goals to correct substandard work.
- · Give formal verbal or written correction and / or disciplinary action to employees.
- · Ensure food service programs are being followed in accordance with Board of Health regulations.
- · Work with Supervisor and General Manager to suggest improvements in operations or new product ideas to corporate management.
- · Assist in covering unexpected vacancies in shifts due to illness or disciplinary reasons.
- · Ability to work holidays and weekends in compatibility with the needs of the company and the store.
- · Ability to receive and promptly answer phone calls from employees and management after hours.
- · Attend company approved training sessions.
- · Handle on the spot emergencies such as theft, injury, customer complaints, out of fuel, mechanical failures, natural disaster, etc.
- · Assists with questions and problems courteously and promptly.
- · Obtains and conveys information as needed to all associates.
- · Maintains and projects the company’s professional reputation.
- · Other duties as assigned.
- · Effective working relations with company personnel. New employees are well trained and assisted. Management is appropriately informed.
- · Maintaining the company’s professional reputation.
- · Monthly inspection scores (appearance).
- · Impulse items priced (sales).
- · Percent of monthly sales goals reaches for all categories (sales).
- · Losses as a percentage of sales (loss prevention).
- · Sales per payroll dollar (payroll).
- · Incentive program (appearance, sales, payroll).
- · All other duties are handled properly
- · Preferably one year in fast service type retail
Skills / Abilities:
- · Must have valid driver’s license and must be insured
- · Must be bondable
- · Accurate and attentive to detail
- · Excellent communication and public relations abilities
- · Ability to assist and support others