ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEER
Location: Lagrange, IN
Hours: Day Time Business Hours
We currently have an outstanding career opportunity with a global leader in the refrigeration industry!
In this role you would be responsible for adding to our Controls and testing group in LaGrange, IN. This person will be a subject matter expert for all aspects related to the design and testing of Control Systems for commercial HVAC systems, compressor driven refrigerators, and awnings; as well as manage new/existing electronic control product development projects from developing specifications, implementing design, validation testing and up to product launch. The Electrical/Electronic Engineer will report directly to the Manager of Research Lab & Electronic Controls Engineering.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing electrical technical expertise on product and software projects including new product development, product improvements, product cost reductions, and advanced research projects
- Working with outside engineering design companies, and both internal/external manufacturing facilities
- Designing and re-designing components to incorporate required form, function, and safety while ensuring the ease of manufacturability
- Contributing to the development of new products’ functionality as well as initiate, monitor, and test the validation of product functions and manufacturability
- Participating in extensive validation testing within a controlled laboratory
- Assisting in production start-up, testing and evaluation of product samples and prototype components for all electrical devices through designing validation test routines
- Responsible for software analysis, support of lab testing, and equipment maintenance as needed
- Provide technical cross-functional support to other areas of the company such as technical product information, service, material purchasing, etc.
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering required; B.S. EET may be considered with additional experience
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in related electrical/electronic engineering role within a manufacturing/production environment
- Experience in cradle to grave Product Design and project management with electrical/electronic controls/software; microcontroller experience highly preferred
- Experience with electronic controls, CANBUS, sensors and motor drives a plus
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout software preferred
- Knowledge of Air Conditioning system controls beneficial
- Knowledge of applicable CSA and UL Standards a plus
- SolidWorks Electrical experience beneficial
- Well-versed in the use and operation of lab test equipment such as scopes, meters, test room controls and data collection equipment
- Experience working with low to medium volume and cost sensitive products
- Solid analytical skills with hands-on approach to product development
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to professionally and effectively communicate with all levels of personnel, including with international manufacturing teams
- Ability to take initiative, challenge status-quo, lead projects and project teams, and remain technically savvy in electrical/electronic controls and testing
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%
This is an immediate career opportunity with a true global leader. Qualified candidates will be contacted within 12 to 24 hours of resume receipt.
Why Zing! Recruiting? Building and growing your company is your business. Finding the elite talent you need is ours. With our established, far-reaching resources and our proven operating procedures, we find hidden pools of talent that eliminate hiring mistakes. We find the right talent the first time.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)