We are seeking a Shipping Manager to be an integral part of our team! You will help coordinate incoming and outgoing shipment activities.
Role: The Shipping manager supervises and coordinates the activities of the Shipping department team members and truck drivers. The Shipping Foreman does this by applying job knowledge and skills towards the development of the team, to ensure that the product meets the expectations of Triton Metal Products and the end customer. The Shipping Foreman will perform his\her duties in a manner which is representative of the Triton way by being a positive role model for the shipping team.
- Manage all aspects of shipping, receiving and deliveries
- Supports other department Foreman
- Oversee Shipping Assistant and Truck Drivers
- Schedules team members working hours and overtime as needed
- Schedule delivery routes for each truck
- Package parts for shipment
- Schedule service appointments for trucks when needed
- Print shipping sales order schedules for team members
- Work closely with Shipping Administrator to ensure proper paperwork is completed
- Work closely with Scheduler to ensure proper parts are produced for shipment
- Work closely with other Foreman to ensure parts are finished in time for shipment
- Place all finished parts in proper location
Perform receiving inspection on incoming material
Assign lot numbers to incoming material
Make and print labels for incoming material
Put incoming material away in proper location
Receive in UPS and distribute to proper departments
Perform final inspections on all parts
Fill out red tags for rejected parts, and place parts In hold/reject area
- Assemble, address, stamp, and ship merchandise or material
- Unpack, verify, and record incoming merchandise or material
- Arrange appropriate transportation of products
- Assist customers with shipping inquiries
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- Previous experience in shipping, logistics, or other related fields
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Degree in Management or certification is preferred
MAKING A MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE
Our Customers need a metal fabricator that enjoys breaking new ground as much as they do – and we’ve got them covered. But what really gets us out of the bed in the morning? Well, we do what we do, because we want to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others.
At Triton, we work together to make a real difference for our customers, our fellow team members and our community. We get fired up about opportunities to effect change, and we relish the opportunity to be a part of a bigger movement.
We do metal fabrication, but really our work is just a means to an end. We’re here to improve lives, improve the industry and improve our world. We call it the Triton Way.
Our mission is simple: Create meaningful solutions that help our customers meet their customers’ needs. At Triton, we meld together the winning combination of Minds + Machines by hiring the brightest in the business and equipping them with the best tools and technology. In turn, our customers get better parts, on-time delivery and exceptional value. Smart technology. Even smarter people.
We believe the journey to success is never over.
In business – and in life – there’s no real finish line. That’s precisely why we keep pushing forward, and we keep striving to climb higher.
Our commitment to being the difference-maker in our industry through continuous improvement has become the cornerstone of our company culture. Together, we’re on a quest for greatness...and we hope you’ll come along for the ride!
WE'RE LOOKING FOR A FEW GOOD MINDS
At Triton, we’re pleased to provide a friendly, caring and family-centered place to work, and we want you to succeed both personally and professionally.
In fact, we believe we’re all here to make a difference – for each other, our customers and our community. We like to say that we have steel in our veins, determination in our hearts and innovation in our brains. As a team, we are wired for success.
If you’re a person with smart ideas who loves taking on challenges, this is where you want to be. Come join us!
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)