NCW is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer for a full-time position located in the Fort Wayne, IN area. This individual will be directly responsible for maintaining accurate documentation systems and conducting and leading systems audits as outlined in Current Quality Systems. This is a full-time, permanent position offering career advancement, competitive compensation, and company paid benefits.
- Maintain an effective system to meet the requirements for Current Quality System
- Participate in internal audits.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
- Serve as primary resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Help write and develop procedures, work instructions and procedure manuals in coordination with Director of Quality.
- Participate in implementing methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection
- Participate in process certification
- Develop, execute and analyze quality-reporting measurable
- Maintain, organize, and audit samples retained for PPAP
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses
- Participate in PPAP required studies.
- Operate CMM programs as required.
- Train others as needed
- Support Customer “sorts” as needed
- Daily activities will include monitoring of quality for current production, follow-up on quality issues related to product, raw material, packaging, and interactions w/ at any plant level.
- Calibrate gauges & maintain gauge system as needed.
- Monitor, disposition and track scrap.
- Assuming leadership role as needed by Director of quality/MAG
- Assisting Engineering Dev./Program Mgr- MAG with day to day activities (back-up capacity)
- Assisting Director of Quality/MAG with day to day activities assuming MAG duties as directed by Director of Quality/MAG (back-up capacity)
- Travel to multiple plants may be required
- Minimum of 10 years machining experience in castings and forgings. With a focus in automotive, heavy equipment, commercial and residential industries.
- Knowledge of ISO/TS systems and auditing
- Knowledge of ISO/TS record systems
- Blueprint & GD & T understanding
- Good technical/trouble-shooting skills
- CMM Operations
- Gauge Calibration
- Understanding of quality documents (Control Plans, FMEA, Process Flow Diagrams)
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply directly to this posting. You can also call (317) 777-6268 for more information. Thanks in advance for your interest.
For nearly 20 years, NCW has specialized in managing the hiring demands for companies throughout the United States. NCW offers contract, contract-to-permanent and direct placement positions across a variety of sectors: Manufacturing, Warehousing, Construction, Engineering. Our mission is defined by providing quality service and opportunity to our clients and employees.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne, IN (US)